Dr. Mack has been practicing orthopedic surgery in Houston, Texas since 1995. He specializes in all aspects of reconstructive surgery of the knee and shoulder, and has a special interest in the treatment of current and former athletes and sports medicine injuries. He is double board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, and holds a Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine. He is also a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and a member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America.
Dr. Mack previously served as the Medical Director of the North Cypress Sports Medicine Center since its founding, and was a Clinical Instructor for Baylor College of Medicine. He has also served as team physician for numerous local high schools, and is currently head team physician for the Cy-Falls Eagles. He has treated professional, olympic, collegiate, and many amateur high school and club athletes. He understands the joy of sports and competition, and participates in a wide variety of sports including cycling, snow skiing, and hiking. His personal accomplishments include a full marathon, a number of half marathons, triathlons, and other competitions.
Dr. Mack is on the active medical staff at HCA North Cypress Medical Center, Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, CHI St. Luke’s Hospital at the Vintage, and Cy-Fair Surgery Center. He is a founding partner of Advanced Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, and has served as its managing partner since 2007, overseeing its growth to 12 physicians, 6 physician assistants, and a staff of over 90 employees.
Dr. Mack graduated summa cum laude from the University of Texas, and was elected Phi Beta Kappa. He completed his medical school training at Baylor College of Medicine where he was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society and graduated with High Honors. He completed his orthopedic surgical residency at Baylor of College of Medicine in the Texas Medical Center. His surgical training included study abroad in both Switzerland and Australia where he concentrated his interest on surgical techniques in both knee and shoulder surgery.
Dr. Mack believes that patient care is a partnership between patient and doctor. He strives to provide his patients with all the information they need to make an informed decision about their treatment options. He attends regional and national conferences regularly, maintains current knowledge through reading peer-reviewed journals, and participates in several ongoing research projects.
Two weeks ago, as I limped into the hospital for a total knee replacement, I was filled with lots of mixed emotions.
I was quickly made comfortable by a pleasant and efficient staff. Dr. Mack came in to greet me with a cheery,...
- Olive E.
My family finally persuaded me to try surgery because of the recent technological advances in procedures and recovery time is shorter.
I had a partial knee replacement 3 months ago. I'm recovering quite well and expect to be dancing very soon.
- P.C. Chernosky
Now I have full use of my knee and it is hard to even find the 4 inch scar.
I can walk with no more leg pain, and I am grateful to Dr. Mack for his professional work. I am a senior citizen and consider the procedure easy.
- Robert B.
Recovery at home went very well. The incision healed quickly with no problem.
My husband worked during the day, and so I was alone, but I didn't have much difficulty at all. It really amazed me how simple everything was.
- Leslie F.
Dr. Mack commonly performs the following surgeries:
- ACL reconstruction
- PCL reconstruction
- Combined Ligament Reconstruction including MCL, LCL, and posterolateral corner injuries
- Meniscal Repair
- Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation (©Carticel Procedure)
- Autograft and Allograft Cartilage Transfer (OATS Procedure)
- Patellofemoral ligament reconstruction
- Patellofemoral osteotomy and re-alignment
- Knee arthroscopy, meniscectomy, chondroplasty, and microfracture
- Partial knee replacement, including custom unicompartmental and bicompartmental replacements (©Conformis IUni and IDuo)
- Total knee replacements, including computer navigation and custom instrumentation (©Trumatch) and custom implants (©Conformis ITotal)
- Rotator cuff repair
- SLAP repair
- Instability repair, including the Bankhart procedure and posterior labral repair
- Acromioclavicular joint repair and reconstruction
- Biceps repair and tenodesis
- Shoulder arthroscopy, capsular release for frozen shoulder
- Partial shoulder replacement and resurfacing
- Total shoulder replacement
- Reverse total shoulder replacement
21212 Northwest FWY
Cypress, TX 77429
18220 Tomball Parkway
Houston, TX 77070